Wild Rice and Kale Stuffed Delicata Squash
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 squash halves 1x
Wild Rice, Kale and Cranberry Stuffed Delicata Squash. The perfect vegetarian main dish. Roasted Squash stuffed with wild rice, kale, pecans, cranberries and topped with cheese. Gluten-free.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 3/4 cup water
- 4 delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing the squash
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Halve the delicata squash and remove the seeds. Rub the squash with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the wild rice. Cover and cook over low heat for 40-45 minutes or until the rice is fluffy.
- While the rice is cooking, place the squash in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until the squash is cooked through and tender. Set aside.
- While the rice and squash is cooking, prep the kale. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in the remaining olive oil. Add the onion along with a large pinch of salt and pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and kale and cook until kale is tender.
- Stir in the thyme, vegetable broth, pecans and cranberries and cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add in the cooked wild rice and cheese. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Stuff the squash with the rice mixture and sprinkle with more cheese. Place back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve!
The beauty of delicata squash is that you don’t need to peel them before cooking, they are tender enough to eat the skin whole. When you first remove them from the oven, make sure the squash is tender as it won’t cook much more the second time around.
Find it online: https://www.delishknowledge.com/wild-rice-and-kale-stuffed-delicata-squash/
Sage Pesto and Delicata Pasta Salad
Southern Style Green Beans and Potatoes
Greek Style Green Beans and Potatoes
Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese
Three Herb and Red Onion Salad
Fried Sweet Peppers with Balsamic Vinegar
Slow-Cooker/Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili
Roasted Okra and Cherry Tomatoes
Roasted Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa
Summer Veggie Skillet Enchiladas
Grilled Vegetable with Feta and Mint Recipe