There are still a few days left in 2016, but we are ready to turn the page over to 2017. The preparations for another year of growing farm fresh food for our community are well under way. The bulk of our seed order has been placed and our first seeds (onions) are scheduled to be started in the greenhouse in less then 60 days! We are growing many of the tried and true varieties we have grown the past few years and sprinkling in some new ones as well… Sorbet Swirl Watermelon anyone? We do our best to select varieties based strictly on their taste, not how well they ship from Mexico or California. As always, we use no chemicals or synthetic fertilizers to grow the healthiest, most delicious produce possible.
A 2017 CSA share will include
- Our own farm fresh vegetables harvested at the peak of ripeness
- Access to our “pick your own” herb garden which includes basil, dill, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, chives, parsley, chamomile, and many more
- Access to our “pick your own” flower garden which includes sunflowers, celosia, cosmos, snapdragons, nasturtium, and many more
Each week members will have the option to purchase additional items including
- Our own raw honey
- Our own pasture raised broiler chickens
- Cage Free Brown Eggs from The Nesting Box https://www.facebook.com/The-Nesting-Box-556327607868919/about/
- Grass fed beef from Calaboga Grazing http://www.calabogagrazing.com/
Additionally, each week throughout the season we update our blog on Sunday night to give members a preview of what to expect in their shares. These updates also will sometimes include recipe ideas and other farm news.
Members get to choose which day of the week they will be picking up their share
Every Tuesday 1 pm to 7pm from May 23 – Oct 24
Every Friday 1pm to 7pm from May 26 – Oct 27
Whichever day of the week you pick, that is the day you will keep throughout the season
Full Share $675.00 (~ $29 / week)
Suggested for families of 3+ or 2 people that love eating veggies
8-10 different items
Half Share $375.00 (~ $16 / week)
Receive the same 8-10 items but half the amount
Receive the same PYO (pick your own) options in the herb and flower gardens as full share members
Memberships can be reserved with as little as a $100 down payment or be paid in full. Balances must then be paid by the start of the CSA season
Checks can be sent to:
Terra Fauna Farm
8141 Valley View Rd
Northampton PA 18067
Please include your email address, contact phone number and what day of the week you would like to pick up on.
All shares are to be picked up at our farm. We set up each week in a market style where each member packs their own share.
CSA sign ups are also possible via the webpage under the CSA Member Sign Up tab.
Hope to see you in May!