Sweet Potato Tacos Recipe- I was very excited to see sweet potatoes this week and had to share my current favorite recipe...This recipe has a lot of stuff going on, but it is worth it! I am not a fan of spicy foods, so I omit the chipotle and jalapeno peppers and it still tastes amazing. It makes a lot of servings and is incredible with the Conebella Farm cheddar!
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1 12- oz. bottle of pumpkin or apple beer
- 1 cup black beans canned
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, plus extra for serving
- A handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Corn or flour tortillas warmed, for serving
Honeycrisp Apple and Pomegranate Salsa for serving
- 2 Honeycrisp apples cored and diced (I used gala, any crisp apple will work)
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, chipotles, and salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15-20 minutes in a single layer. Flip and bake 10 minutes more or until tender.
In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the quinoa, paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes until the quinoa is toasted. Slowly add the beer and 3/4 cup water. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is tender. Remove the lid and continue to cook until all the liquid is absorbed about 5-10 more minutes.
Stir in the sweet potato mixture, black beans, and cheddar cheese. Cook for 5 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice.
Divide the quinoa among the warmed tortillas. Top with cheddar and cotija cheeses and the salsa.
Honeycrisp Apple and Pomegranate Salsa:
In a medium bowl, toss apples, pomegranate seeds, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and some salt. Taste, adding more salt if needed. (Halfbakedharvest cookbook/online recipe)
Roasted Kabocha Squash with Cinnamon
- 1 medium kabocha squash (about 1 pound), seeded and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
Arrange squash in a single layer and roast for 15 minutes. Flip and roast for 15 minutes longer, until golden and tender. Enjoy! (Original Recipe)