Two member submitted recipes, Thank you Erica and Jenn!
Southwest bean salad
- 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz cooked corn
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 1/2 – 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh minced cilantro (or more to taste)
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno (optional)
In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes. Add avocado just before serving.
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 large spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into small strips crosswise
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks plus 1 whole egg
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prick the squash all over with a fork. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp. pepper. Roast on a foil lined pan 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Let cool a bit. Slice in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and shred the squash with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until it becomes crispy. Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Add the broth and cook until the liquid has completely evaporated. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs together with the cheese. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Combine the eggs with the bacon mixture, warming the eggs in the pan. (Do not let the eggs cook through.) Add the spaghetti squash and toss to thoroughly combine and until squash is heated through. Adjust seasoning, if necessary and serve immediately.