Oregano is a savory herb that goes extremely well with a majority of the produce in this week’s share! In particular, it is very commonly used in tomato-based dishes and making tomato sauce. It also pairs well basil, cumin, garlic, parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme.
Cutting instructions: Our oregano patch is near the front of the herb and flower garden and is huge! Cut off a few sprigs from different areas of the plant. Take the leaves off the stem and store in an airtight container.
Oregano Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves, no stems
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- cherry tomatoes cut in half
- parmesan cheese grated