- 4 large tomatoes quartered
- 2 large carrots peeled & cut into 5 pieces
- 1 red onion quartered
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ½ cups warm water or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan assemble the ingredients. Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, then lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Place the vegetables in a high speed blender along with the juice. Add 2 ½ cups water and the fresh herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth for 6 ½ minutes. If you do not have a high speed blender or immersion blender, use a regular blender to blend until smooth. Pour the blended soup in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper. Allow simmering for 10 minutes. Stir. Serve warm and enjoy with cheesy bread or crackers.