Roasted Broccoli and Kale with Lemon Pasta
- 1 lb pasta, preferably orecchiette
- 1 large broccoli head, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 cups kale, center stalk removed and cut in small pieces (or alternative green)
- 5-10 garlic scapes, or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon zest
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan (optional)
- Prepare all your ingredients. Preheat oven to 450° F. (Missing in the photo is the parmesan cheese).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Toss broccoli with olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy and slightly charred. Remove from oven and set aside nearby.
- Boil heavily salted water and cook pasta according to directions. Drain pasta, reserving ⅓ cup of pasta water. Do not rinse pasta.
- Heat a large pan (or wok) and add olive oil. Over medium heat, add garlic and cook for a few seconds until fragrant, making sure it doesn’t burn. Increase heat to medium-high and add chopped kale, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Saute for a few minutes until just cooked.
- Add drained pasta with a little bit of the pasta water and stir to combine.
- Add roasted broccoli to pan and mix together until heated through 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with lemon zest and cheese. Enjoy!
Seared Fish Tacos with Cabbage-Scallion Slaw
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skinless striped bass, halibut, or other firm white fish fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with vinegar and honey. Add the cabbage and scallions and toss. Season the slaw with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the fish with salt, add it to the skillet and cook over high heat until nicely browned on all sides, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- On a microwave-safe plate, warm the tortillas for 30 seconds, until soft and pliable. Transfer the slaw to the tortillas and top with the fish. Fold the tortilla over the filling and serve right away.