For the roasted chickpeas:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, and dried, skins discarded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the quinoa:
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup water
For the salad:
- 2 cups mixed field greens or lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cucumbers peeled, halved lengthwise, and chopped
- 1 bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Homemade hummus or store-bought
- To roast the chickpeas:
- Move an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a small bowl, combine chickpeas with olive oil, basil, garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the chickpeas and rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
To make the quinoa:
- Meanwhile, combine quinoa and water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave for 4 minutes on high. Remove from microwave, stir, and heat again for 2 minutes longer. Stir and let stand 1 minute in the microwave.
To assemble the salad:
- Layer greens in the bottom of a bowl or on a platter. Arrange the grape tomato halves, cucumbers, bell pepper, olives, chickpeas, and quinoa in sections around the bowl. Spoon the hummus in the middle of the bowl and serve.
Original Recipe by Culinary Hill
Roasted Tomato and Tomatillo Salsa
Summer Veggie Skillet Enchiladas
Grilled Vegetable with Feta and Mint Recipe
Southern Style Green Beans and Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Baked Eggplant Recipe
Grilled Zucchini, Scallions, and New Potatoes
Zucchini Patties with Dill Dip
Zucchini and Swiss Chard Garlic Noodles